EDC promotes a vibrant regional economy through collaboration with public and private partners and is dedicated to the direct delivery of outcome-driven economic development services. EDC is organized around five core functions:
• Regional convener, collaborator and strategist on economic
development initiatives through convening leadership and
developing consensus on economic priorities.
• Retention and growth of our existing business base through no-
cost business advising, training and lending and by coordinating
local, regional and state economic development resources.
• Business attraction, by promoting our region’s assets,
coordinating with cities and other stakeholders for effective
response to new business opportunities.
• Entrepreneurship, by networking resources and supporting
• Research and analysis of key industry sectors to identify
industrial trends, opportunities and barriers to economic